Of late, voluntarily or involuntarily, I'm finding myself turning into a feminist!!!! And I DON'T LIKE THIS!!! But, at the same time, I am just not able to help it. It's like it has become a second nature to me....something that just comes to me as a reflex action!! Urggh!! I want to be the incurable, hopeless romantic again who's waiting for her vampire to come to her room and watch her sleep in the middle of the night.....my Edward Cullen re!! (you read the incurable, hopeless romantic ahead, didn't you!). But, seriously, I've started looking at life in a different way these days and from this angle, all I can see is how male-biased our society is! And how, even educated men today, are exactly like illiterate men. Both cheat, both hit women, both get drunk and abuse women, both are too egoistic to admit their mistakes...and so on!*
*The sample size of the study was very small!!! So men who are not like this, are cute and rich, may feel free to contact me!!
But jokes apart, I've been having a lot of discussions on quite a few serious topics in life, and from the way the guys I'm having these discussions with are responding, it seems that we women are even today as un-liberated as we were some 7 centuries back! For example : Guys say they wouldn't mind a non-virgin wife, but again, it comes with such a long conditions apply asterisk!! Compare that with a girl when asked the same question!! I'm not saying that women are better or men are worse.... my point is just that men, even today are too rigid in their thoughts and mindsets compared to women, who, I think are more open and are really accepting to changing concepts. And I think, the main reason for this behaviour from guys is the Indian upbringing that they get!!!! Right from when they're born, just because of one chromosome, they have license to get away with just about anything!! They're allowed late nights, booze nights,week long Goa trips with friends......but their sisters in the same home are not!!! This somewhere makes them believe that they can really have the world without paying the right price for it!! And this is the reason they behave the way they do! I may be wrong, but then this is what I have seen. Also, there are few men, whom I know, are definitely not like this and the only problem with guys like these is that you're such thick friends with them, that you can't look at them in any other way!!! Ankit, Ajay.... I've told you guys time and again how lucky your wives would be!!!!
Everything that goes up on my blog has always been only original work by me, but there was this one email forward that I got last night, which I so have to put up!!! It is called Why Women Don't Get The Guy Of Their Dreams....!!!
1. The nice men are ugly.
2. The handsome men are not nice.
3. The handsome and nice men are gay.
4. The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.
5. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money.
6. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.
7. The handsome men without money are after our money.
8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual, don't think we are beautiful enough.
9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money, are cowards.
10. The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!
11. The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.
NOW, WHO THE HELL UNDERSTANDS MEN?
"Men are like a fine wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."
The thing that had me in splits was the last quote...!!!! Until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with!!!!!! ROFL!!! LOL!!!
P.S : Thanks, Manalee for the FCS term you introduced me with!!!