August 12, 2009

I'm Making A Movie!!!

I was discussing with Aanchal on how the 'asking outs' would take place in the story I'm writing and she suggested a faadu idea. Trust girls to come up with the most innovative ways of how a guy should ask a girl! Wish it was the other way round and the guys were innovative.... or at least, leave alone being innovative, atleast ask in the first place! But, such is life dearies!! Urrgghh, I'm digressing from the topic again. So, after that both of us checked the promo of Wake Up Sid and needless to say, both of us are fighting over Ranbir now! That's when the genius idea struck me... why not make a movie of the story I'm writing (OK, Aanch, I'll give you the credit of suggesting that I go to Ekta Kapoor!)


And my idle mind just needed a topic to start going berserk! Then I was there... visualing my story come to life. I finalised the lead actors for Anay and Arjun.... and again, you are not gonna get a free trip to Hawaii to guess who they are! It's Imran Khan and Ranbir Kapoor!! Now, there's been a lot of debate on who'll be Arjun and who'll be Anay..... but well, I'm the screenplay writer-dialogue writer-writer-director so I guess, it should be my call on who'll be whom. I say Arjun would be Ranbir....because I personally like Arjun and I'd definitely choose Ranbir over Imran!! ....and Anay'd be played be Imran. Then, though she doesn't believe me, the first person I thought for playing Ahaana was Aanchal. She's the best choice for Ahaana! She's tall, she's pretty, she can make a guy dance to her tunes, she herself can dance around tress for the movie and she can cry.....so I can cust costs on the glycerine! So, my movie's a love story between Imran, Ranbir and Aanchal! Kya kismat hain.... she has Imran and Ranbir romancing her!!

Then comes the financing the movie part. I got a couple of interesting ideas for it... like... selling sugar and tur dal. But, Vinod, rightly mentioned that to sell, I'll need to first BUY them... and that'll cost me a bomb! So, dropped this idea. Then I went to a couple of friends asking them to finance the movie...but the useless friends that I have.... no one agreed! Ankita said she'd finance but she'd want to be the heroine! I had to placate her by giving her an item number! Yeah, there's an item song in the movie and Ankita's willing to do it along with Fatema. (I haven't asked Fatty, but I'm sure she'll agree). And I so love Anki's dedication... she's already started practising for the item song! She also offered to sing the item song...but I guess, she rather just dance! Then, Ajay also wanted a role... and he grabbed the item girls pe seeti bajane wala boy's role even before I offered him! And he's also the guy Ahaana shouts at when he spits on the road. And considering the fact that the scene's gonna be between Ajay and Aanchal, needless to say, Aanchal will even slap Ajay for old times' sake!! Lucky, Mansh, Hetvi.... there are other roles you guys might be interested in 1) Devika, 2)Arjun's sister 3)Navya.... err sorry, I'll be a little biased here and give Navya's role to Radhika...on whom it's partly modelled! Yeah...there's one more role of Anay's third girlfriend ....maybe one of you could pick that up. Hurry! Offer till stocks last!! And Ankit.... you're the camera guy! As always! So come back to Mumbai!

But the main concern still remains! How shall I get the movie produced?!? Ajay came up with a brilliant idea. He suggested that we shoot the item song first and then release an IPO of it...Ankita can sure manage that for us...talk about dancing in an item song and managing an IPO....she's my super-woman! He also had more explicit ideas for the item song, for which he's definitely gonna be slapped for!! In no ways are they gonna wear Negar Khan's clothes from Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao!! Rao wanted to do a male item number... but sorry... you'll have to be content with seeti bajaoing. And, I'll have Kunal Kapoor play Anir.... Radhika loves him anyway!! So my star-cast is finalised! Story's done! The music.....umm.... I guess, I'll catch hold of someone for that... Ankita and Fatty can do they choreography too...and what else... I guess, this is all you need to make a movie, right??

P.S: Aanch, if you're not gonna show any interest in my movie or if you're not gonna be as kicked about it as I am, then I'll kick you out of the movie! Be excited...you have Imran and Ranbir romance you!!! I can actually kill you for it, you know!!

P.P.S: Ajay, the item song's not Maahi Ve from Kaante (I know you want it to be slow and long, but dude, NO!!). It's not Mujhe pyaar ki chatni chakha de piya like Aanch wants it. Neither is it Latka dikha diya tumne...taddaaa like Anki wants! It'll be something like beedi jalai le....jigar maa badi aag hain types!!!

Anyone interested in the movie, please let me know!!

14 comments:

Arslan said...

Lol as usual! :D

ani_aset said...

hehehe superb imagination trust me :)..loved it

Anonymous said...

gr8 imagination...
keep writing

Adisha said...

Let me know when it releases and I'll contribute by buying a ticket to watch it ;) :))

Nupur said...


@ Everyone: Thank you thank you!! im humbled!! Everyone's invited for the grand premiere!!!

Saim said...

Oye mainnu bhi ek role chahiye, woh bhi lead types...so I suggest introduce a new central character in the story:D

Aanchal said...

yipideeeeeeeeeee!!!!!aaj tak i ws simply the heroine of ure blogs but nw im the heroine of ure movie as well..isko kehte hain dil se dosti...i so love my life...dnt wrry abt finances..ill fianance the movie provided u make ashish ahaan!

Nupur said...


@ Saim: Role.... woh first chapter main bartender tha na...woh role chalega?? All other roles have been hogged on to!!!

@Aanchal: I was just about to kick you out of my movie for not being kicked about it! Anyways, like i told you...i dont mind casting Ashish in the movie...but then his resemblance to Ranbir Kapoor will confuse the audience....your brother n lover cant look like each other right?!? Ask him to go in for a plastic surgery and start looking like John Abraham!!

Aanchal said...

arrey plz lets keep our turn of events..tht me ahaan n arjun were triplets bichdod in bandra fair or if u want it mre glam thn dubai shopping festival...we'll mke it cleopatra 2..or rather if u dnt wnt it thn she can probably nt be wd him aftr she realises they r sibs n the movie cn hav the tagline 'all love is not carnal love'!!!!!!!!!!!

Nupur said...

@ Aanch: Ok, aanch, do u realise that after reading your comment, leave alone people watching my movie...they arent even gonna read my story!!!! BAD IDEA!! Or, we could do this, we'll keep Ranbir as Anay...and then we'll show that you made Ahaan undergo a plastic surgery and look like anay rather than you...so that you dont miss Anay... how about that!?! i always knew i had a genius in me!!

CRD said...

making a movie??

Well some guys(like me) get scared to ask a gal out coz we really dont wanna upset her or make her feel uncomfy...gets even more difficult when that someone is a friend
(but not a best frnd)

Should i ask her out? I aint good lukin or smart. Or is the idea that she will get offended a myth?

Cheers
CRD

krish said...

hey ya
i am ready to finance your movie just pray that i become a multimillionaire soon enough to do so.

ankit_shroff said...

thnx 4 da offer........c i got so many jobs doin jst one portfolio....thnx a lot yaar!!!!!!

so whn r v startin to shoot???i hv 2 book tkts, u knw!!!!!!!!

Nupur said...


@ Ankit: Tickets on the producer, darling!!! Just find one!