I really hope you've heard of Twilight before you read this post! For people who don't.... please wikipedia it! At least do that for Edward Cullen, for he's the new chhora of my blog now! Flavor of the season! OK, I'll save you that effort, Twilight is a book which has created a universal frenzy amongst teenage girls and even those who've quit teenage (me!). It's about a high school girl falling in love with....a vampire!! Yeah, when I first heard about it from Lucky, I thought to myself that the only books I'm now left to read is Elves' and Goblins' love stories!! But, when I started reading it, my long forgotten addiction of books returned! I actually forgot eating, sleeping and drinking while reading this book! It beats Harry Potter hands down! The narrative is amazing, the conversations are intelligently written and the romance.... man! It's fantastic!!
Edward Cullen, the vampire boyfriend of Bella Swan, can easily replace Mr. Darcy as the most sought after(and fought over) guy in fiction!! I guess that's why the book worked... because Stephanie Meyer played on a girl's psyche while writing his character....he's everything a girl would want..... he's sweet, he's caring, he's protective .... he throws himself before anything happens to Bella, always (ain't that cute?), he's intelligent, he's got a Silver Volvo... (he's rich!), he loves Bella to death (literally and figuratively), he's out-of-the-world gorgeous...... and the reason why he's so irrestible is the fact that he's forbidden!! You always want things you're not supposed to have!! I'm yet to meet one person who didn't like Edward Cullen!
But the most startling observation that missed my eyes but still managed to catch Aanchal's was the fact how freakingly similar I am to Bella!! The only three places where we differ is
· I don't have Edward Cullen falling over me!
· She talks too less!!!
· I can never get a Mitosis slide right!!! 3/3.... NEVER!! And more never-er if someone like Edward is my lab partner... but all I've had for lab-partners have been Ajay and Aanchal! I mean how happening is that! Thanks, Ajay, for doing all the experiments by being our kaala ramu and giving Aanch and me time to talk!
Now, the places where we're similar are
· Both of us are extremely accident prone (I used to have an accident every year from the time I was 2 till I was 11... on the same day.... 26th Jan.... the only year nothing happened to me on this day was in the year 2001..... but on this day... a lot happened to Gujarat! It's years of seeing myself being stitched up without anaesthesia that I dread blood now....and couldn't ever think of being a Doc!)
· Both of us can't walk straight..... we have to lose our balance and trip or twist our ankles at least 3 times in 20 steps!!! (Despite this fact, I wonder how I've never had a fracture in my life!!)
· Both of us have Time, Distance and Speed problems while playing ball!! (I remember how I'd enrolled myself for basketball classes after watching Kuch Kuch Hota Hain and used to always come home with a bleeding nose... PT was the only thing on my Xth report card showing a B grade!!)
· We both love like crazy (Remember a certain IrfanPathan!!??) and
· We're both sarcastic.....though I have mellowed down a great deal!!
I was really happy when Aanchal used to call me Bella...! But then there's no Edward Cullen in fact...they exist only in fiction.... guys like him....are myths! But, I was wondering... just in case I really get a vampire boyfriend..... how'd he be like? Definitely not non-vegetarian (the one's drinking human blood!).... Didn't I just mention I'm scared of blood..... anyways, he won't ever be able to drink my blood.... one of the few advantages of being anaemic!!! Not vegetarian too (drinking animals' blood... like the Cullens)..... Well, I'm the unofficial supporter and member of PETA! So, my vampire boyfriend should be a Jain Vampire!! The one who drinksBloody Mary!!!!! Hehaw! Howzzat?!? Virgin Bloody Mary would be more preferable! (Aanch and Lucky..... there's no way a Jain Vampire would be quenching his thirst by drinking acockroach's blood! I mean that's just so ewww...dead cockroaches lying around.... Yeah, I'm scared of dead cockroaches as well! But, seriously your logic was really pathetic.... only because veg vampire feed on animals, Jain vampires don't need to feed on insects!!!)
So, grab a copy of the book and read it asap! The movie's been released too.... but frankly speaking, the book's better.....and somehow, Robert Pattinson(Edward Cullen) was hotter in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire as Cedric Diggory! I was sad when he died!!
P.S: I know, this post is one of the smallest.... but I'm on a talking-less spree....so .... rejoice, while I reduce talking!
P.S 2: Forbidden to remember..... Terrified to Forget...... Gosh! I wonder how mant heart breaks did Meyer go through for writing this one!!!