July 7, 2008

The State Of TV - II

Since the past week or so, all I can see on TV is Jaane Tu.... Even after one week of non stop Jaane Tu, I'm not bored.... Such a patient chick I am! But the minute anything even remotely close to Love Story 2050 comes and I start yawning! That guy, Harman, can't speak! The way he says "I Love You" to the red haired Piglet(oops sorry, Piggy Chopps). God! The only differentiating factor he has from Hrithik is that he is not HRITHIK ROSHAN!! About time, Jay, to give me my Hershey's for Love Story 2050 is a flop... and Janne Tu's a HIT!!

The state of TV is still moribund! What can we expect with the NEWS Channels still alive and kicking, the saas and bahus still whining and crying and the reality shows showing everything but reality! MTV still hasn't gotten over stuppid reality shows... from Roadies, they've moved on to something more egregious.... SPLITSVILLA.... God! Whatever were MTV bosses thinking?? Vishal doesn't even look cute now! Imagine my shock when I found out my 13 year old cousin watch it... !! I was on the verge of complaining to my aunt!

Some respite shown by Ms. Kapoor is that Mahabharat, judged solely on the basis of the first episode is watchable... though the shirtless people were a bit rude to the eye and the way Draupadi was screaming was typical Ekta Kapoorish, methinks, it'll b fun to watch Mahabharat, mainly because it's the greatest story ever written( and plus the fact that Ali from Left Right Left is playing Arjun!!) Let's see if it stays this way....

For more on TV, I'll watch more TV and let you guys know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even i like dat guy...my mum watches a k-serial(kis desh mein mera dil..) in which he plays lead role,so just for him i do watch it(even my mum likes him i think;-))

As for mahabharat dont ya think draupadi is looking more of a model wearing sari for famous designer(that strapless blouse n tattoo) than draupadi herself!!!

Nupur said...

@ neha: true...it looks like a manish malhotra ramp....!!

Ajay Menon said...

mahabhart sucks..so does all the shows on tv..sarabhai still rules for me...
and when we meet next time remind me to impersonate harman..i love doin the i love you part

Nupur said...

@Aj: Sarabhai is the undisputed king!! But now tht show isnt gng in for another season... i hav to watch other morbid shows!!