June 30, 2008

What an IDEA Sirjee....

As usual, I was talking on the phone and giving some exercise to my phalanges by swapping the channels at light speed when I spotted an ad with Abhishek Bachchan in it. After watching the egregious Motorola ad, it was a serious risk that I took by staying put. And to my relief it was an IDEA ad.... Going by their previous track record, I expected this ad to be heart touching as well, and I must say, I wasn't disappointed.

Cut to an old man begging the watchman in a school to let his granddaughter study in the school, after the admissions had closed... Abhi looks at the helpless girl and ponders how he'd get everyone in the school... then he uses cell phones with IDEA connectivity and children in villages learn from teachers in schools...... A bit unrealistic... but does get the message through.... WONDERFUL, I must say! One of the few ads, that have come up of late, which I liked. And for the first time after Bunty Aur Babli, did I like Abhi again(Can't believe I actually liked that guy once upon a time!!)! His stubble is so much tolerable now!! Truly recommended, this ad.

No comments: